In my previous post about MeshMixer, I mentioned wanting to print a really cool dragon model, and showed a preview of how MeshMixer's support engine handled the shape. Some of the folks over on the Ultimaker forums were dubious about the utility of MeshMixer's support in general for extrusion-based 3D printers, and specifically about whether it would be sufficient to help with printing the dragon. Based on the testing I had already done, I was pretty confident that it would work well, and I really wanted to try it out, so I started doing a series of test prints, culminating in a final 23.5 hour print. this one from Thingiverse seemed like a really good candidate. It's nicely modeled with some good detail, and it also intrigued me as a challenging print. The wings are thin, and spread wide with nothing supporting the trailing edges, or indeed the surface of the wings themselves. Looking at the few 'I made one' prints on Thingiverse, it became apparent that there were probably some geometry challenges with the wings too, which had resulted in most of the prints being rather scrappy, and having ragged holes in the wings.